This Seminar will delve into the various aspects of the taxation of Employment Income, including amongst others:
- The distinction between Employment and Self-Employment income and the importance of such distinction;
- Malta’s jurisdiction to tax employment income;
- Basis of taxation of employment income – the differences between joint and separate tax computations and the applicable rates;
- Overview of Fringe Benefits;
- Tax Benefits available to persons returning to work; and
- Part-Time Work Rules.
Rebecca Vella is an accountant by profession, having joined KPMG in 2015 after reading a Masters in Accountancy at the University of Malta. She is involved in the provision of domestic and international tax compliance and advisory services at KPMG, recently also focusing on family office, private and personal international tax advisory. Her work involves interaction with individuals and groups of companies based in Malta and outside of Malta with local presence, including also different types of entities, such as foundations and trusts, being involved in both the provision of advice, as well as assisting in the relocation to Malta, setting up and/ or reorganisation of group structures, as well as with the maintenance of such structures on an ongoing basis. Her experience includes having worked at KPMG London for 3 months, during which period she formed part of the International Tax – Financial Services Team, working on different engagements, ranging from Tax Audits, MDR implementation, reorganisation and related advice, with clients being namely large banks based in the UK and internationally.
Start date: 21/01/2020
Start time: 14:00
End time: 17:15
Venue: Landmark Business Centre - Hal Qormi
Phone: +356 27555560 / +356 77555560