The session will delve in detail into the VAT compliance obligations of VAT registered persons. The session, which will be based on the principles established by the Maltese VAT Act will mainly deal with the following aspects:
Download Event Brochure
- The obligation to register for VAT in Malta, deadlines for VAT Registration and the choice of VAT Registration;
- VAT periods and deadlines for filing of VAT Declarations;
- Administrative penalties associated with late applications for VAT Registration, with the late filing of VAT Declarations and with incorrectly filed VAT Returns;
- The right of the VAT Authorities to raise assessments;
- Obligations to retain records and the time during which such records must be maintained (including when an Adjustment Form is filed).
Louise Grima is a Manager at KPMG Malta. She joined KPMG in 2015 after graduating with a Master in Accountancy from the University of Malta and has since worked in direct and indirect tax compliance and advisory projects servicing clients in a number of industries including financial services, insurance, gambling and international trade. Louise was awarded the 2015 MIA Best Student of the Year prize for Master in Accountancy Group 2013/2015, holds a Diploma in VAT compliance. Louise has also successfully completed the Advanced Diploma in International Taxation with an overall distinction. Louise is a member of the Malta Institute of Accountants (MIA), is an ACCA lecturer at KPMG Academy, and regularly delivers courses and seminars relating to VAT. Louise is a member of the MIA Indirect Tax committee.
Event resources for face to face events will be available online after the delivery of the event.
Event resources for online events will be sent by email after the delivery of the event.
Day 1: 15/12/2020
Start time: 09:30 CET
End time: 12:45 CET
Venue: Online Live Session
Phone: +356 27555560 / +356 77555560