This course is aimed to assist the participant to be able to:
- Describe the purpose of important entities such as Jobsplus, Office of the Commissioner for Revenue and Social Security Department;
- Comply with payroll related tax and national insurance contribution compliance obligations;
- Identify and be able to complete FSS forms;
- Compile payroll compliance documentation;
- Advise employees on a number of employment programs (ex: HQE);
- Advise on the Malta tax implications which apply to foreign workers in Malta;
- Identify which rate of tax a particular employee qualify for (Single / Married / Parental);
- Identify the categories and calculate national insurance payments for employees and self-employed individuals;
- Compute fringe benefits and tax calculations;
- Execute computations relating to Main Deduction Formula, Part-Time and Other Emoluments Deduction methods.
- Single Application Procedures
- Tax and Social Security Contributions implications on crew members working on a vessel.
- Employment related COVID -19 measures, – a walk through the Legal Notices issued in relation to employers and employees.