The session will cover the concepts, requirements and procedures of company law with particular emphasis on the application and operation of the law. In this session the following topics relating to the organs of a company will be discussed:
Download Event Brochure
- Calling a Meeting (Notice, Service, Agenda, Quorum)
- Procedure at Meetings (Chairperson, Motions, Resolutions, Minutes, Approval of Minutes, Adjournments)
- Board Meetings & Alternate Directors
- Board Committee Meetings
- Annual General Meetings
- Extraordinary General Meetings
- Ordinary & Extraordinary Resolutions
- Proxies and representation at meetings
- Written Resolutions
- Minute Taking – practical tips
- Additional requirements for regulated companies including the MFSA’s Corporate Governance Code
Dr Petra Attard is a senior associate in the corporate and insurance law practice group of the firm. She regularly assists clients on corporate and regulatory matters involved in the insurance industry, including advice on corporate governance matters, legal and regulatory matters, compliance matters, as well as legal assistance in the establishment and MFSA authorisation process of insurance and reinsurance undertakings and intermediaries.
Petra also regularly assists clients in all corporate and commercial matters including advice on corporate governance matters, assistance with corporate financing, M&A transactions, voluntary dissolutions and various other corporate transactional projects.
Events resources will be sent by email after the delivery of the event.