Managing a team and/or department is an arduous task because one is dealing with different individuals who have diverse experiences, expectations and knowledge. This was further compounded by the increase in workforce diversity in Malta since the manager needs to deal with individuals who have diverse cultural backgrounds. In this seminar attention is devoted to key management functions, such as planning, control and leadership. Emphasis is also placed on motivating staff, change management and human resource management. Key techniques will be discussed in this course and applied on different case studies.
How you will benefit:
- Understand your roles and responsibilities.
- Understand how to succeed in today’s changing environment.
- Be aware of various techniques you may utilize when dealing with employees in difficult situations.
- Be able to communicate effectively your organizations goals and objectives.
- Be able to effectively delegate and coach leading to enhanced motivation and productivity.
Your will learn:
Defining your role.
– Understanding the importance of your role at the work place.
– Creating a successful team environment.
– Arriving at your leadership style.
– Assessing the possibility to flex your leadership style to achieve team success.
– Determine the best application of the different modes of communication.
– The necessity to have the right tools and skills for effective communication.
– Recognise motivators to enhance productivity.
– Fundamentals of employment law.
– Change model.
– The signs of resistance to change.
– The past vs the future.
– Responsibilities when managing other’s performance.
– The Personnel file.
– A performance management process.
– Expectations and consequential results achievement.
– Constructive criticism – a two-way process.
– Coaching – establishing your strengths and weaknesses.
– The benefits and barriers to delegation.
– What is to be delegated.
– The process to delegate effectively.
– Assess your workload and decided what can be delegated.
– The elements of an effective team.
– Problem solving in difficult times.
The action pan
– Putting everything together.
– Strategies for continuous learning and development.