This budgeting and cost control course will allow the participant to explore the planning, control, and budgeting cycle, and hot to implement a more focused budgeting process, and what useful and timely information to communicate to management. The course will cover various aspects, namely:
Download Event Brochure
- Introduction to planning and control;
- Budgeting overview;
- Behavioural aspects of budgeting;
- Understanding cost behaviour;
- Developing an annual/master budget;
- Resource allocation;
- Controlling Costs;
- Understand the best practices in budgeting;
- Understand the strategic role of cost concepts;
- Explain the costs concepts to the use of cost information for management control;
- Describe the role of budgets in the management process;
- Discuss the importance of strategy and its role in the master budget;
- Understand the importance of linking an organization’s budget with its strategic plan;
- Apply cost control tools, analyze management variance reports and take proper corrective action; and
- How to apply various accounting tools including Earned Value Management.
Karl Camilleri after graduating in Electrical Engineering at the University of Malta, went to the UK to read a Masters in Business Administration at Cranfield School of Management, and a Post Graduate in Marketing, and worked in the UK for a decade. Back in Malta Karl has read two Post Graduate Certifications, one in Vocational Ecucation and an other one in Research. In the past twenty years, Karl has worked for a number of Corporations and Multi-Nationals, at very senior positions, both in Malta and in the UK, managing various national infrastructural multi-million dollar projects and products used by millions of customers. Karl’s expertise is based on the knowledge he has accumulated working in customer focused operations, and thus building not just the academic but also practical experience over various disciplines, namely Project & Programme Management, Strategy, Business and Operations Management, Change and Transformation Management, Risk Management, Marketing, People management, Product Management, Budgeting, Cost Reduction and Process Simplification and Creation. Karl is also a Member of the Chartered Institute of Management (UK), a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Project Management (UK) and of the Chartered Institute of Engineering & Technology (UK), and is a PRINCE 2 qualified practitioner. Karl’s experience spans over a number of industries, namely Consultancy, Construction, Telecommunications, Energy, Manufacturing, Operations, Education, Utilities and IT, and currently works also as as a freelance consultant, and is currently reading a Doctorate in Business Administration with Edinburgh Business School – Heriot Watt University in transportation, economics, social behaviour and structural equation modelling.
Events resources will be sent by email after the delivery of the event.