In recent years multiple VAT updates, have significantly impacted the VAT considerations Gaming operators and other entities operating in the gaming industry need to undertake. The main changes are in respect to the Place of Supply Rules, right of refund, exemption/chargeability of gaming related services and most recently VAT grouping. During this session we shall go through all factors impacting the VAT treatment of companies in the gaming industry in order to ensure that the VAT treatment adopted is compliant with the Maltese VAT Act and EU VAT Directives. Background Information
Objectives of this Session
- A refresher on the basic VAT concepts, as preparation for the delivery;
- Understanding gaming services which are chargeable/not chargeable for VAT purposes;
- Analysing the rights of input VAT deductions for companies operating in this industry;
- Discussion on the applicability of partial attribution; and
- Working out a practical example focusing on this industry.
Topics for this Session
- Refresher on core principles of VAT;
- The Specific VAT considerations for Electronically supplied services;
- Analysing the VAT activities within scope of the VAT exemption;
- The right for input VAT deductions and partial attribution; and
- A practical example focusing on this industry.