- Understanding what ‘stress’ is and how it impacts our life
- The relationship of stress to performance
- The role of expectations from ourselves and society
- The impact of chronic negative stress on health & wellbeing
- Recognising symptoms of burnout in self & others
- Work life balance – is it just a myth?
- What does research say about work-life conflict
- Special focus on the realities of working parents & persons who take care of elderly parents or sick family members.
- Dealing with guilt & self-doubt
- The realities of home working & the blurring of boundaries between work & family life.
- Self-awareness exercise: where is my time/energy going?
- Strategies to cope with stress & improve work life balance
- Various strategies will be discussed ranging from cognitive strategies (e.g. increasing mindfulness) to more practical and action-oriented strategies (e.g. being assertive and asking for support).
Managing Stress when Working from Home and Juggling with Family Life
€40.00 Inc VAT
Wednesday 26 May 2021 | 14:00 (Europe/Malta)
Online Live Session
MIA Accreditation | 3 hours Professional Development in terms of the Accountancy Board CPE scheme.
Dr Elaine Dutton joined CSB Group as the Head of Human Resources in April of 2018. As part of the group’s top management team she supports the board of directors in developing and implementing the Group’s HR strategy while lending her expertise externally to consult clients on leadership, talent management and complex HR projects.
Elaine has been active in the HR profession since 2011. Her career experience spans across the public and private sectors and in diverse industries, including; i-Gaming, Telecommunication, Manufacturing, Hospitality and the Health and Social Services. She has worked alongside a number of top executives and organisational decision makers, providing insight and supporting a wide array of situations including, setting up of performance management frameworks, succession planning, new organisational set-ups, company downsizing and company closure.
Elaine is a warranted psychologist and achieved her PhD in 2017 from the University of Brunel (London). Having a strong grasp on both qualitative and quantitative methods, she carried out a mixed-methods research on how Maltese mothers manage their health whilst juggling multiple responsibilities, including paid work, house work and caring obligations. In parallel to her career in HR, Elaine was a regular lecturer at the University of Malta till 2017, supervising post-graduate students and lecturing at the Institute of Health Sciences.
Events resources will be sent by email after the delivery of the event.
Day 1: 26/05/2021
Start time: 14:00 CEST
End time: 17:15 CEST
Venue: Online Live Session
Phone: +356 27555560 / +356 77555560